The Cairo Community Foundation helps groups working on special projects with the ability to raise funds using the Foundation’s 501 c3 charitable status. This means the Cairo Community Foundation is the fiscal agent for several volunteer groups. The Foundation is working with The Gathering Place as its fiscal agent. During Go Big Give you can donate to the Cairo Community Foundation and designate those funds for special projects. The Gathering Place’s kitchen remodel is a special project.
The number of people served has more than double. The kitchen doesn’t meet the current food service requirements. The kitchen has outlived its ability to serve the community.
The Gathering Place board is:
- Expanding the space from 11 square feet to 300 square feet.
- Creating work stations for prepping and packing meals for delivery and carry out.
- Updating kitchen to current codes.
- Increasing storage.
- Upgrading the electrical to accommodate current appliances.
- Creating a serving counter with windows.
- Increasing fridge and freezer space.
What you can do to help with a worthy cause?
Donate during Go Big Give
- Donate to the Cairo Community Foundation online on May 6th. Enter Gathering Place in the “in memory or in honor of field”
- Donate during Go Big Give in person at the Vault from 9 am to 7 pm on May 6th.
What is Go Big GIVE? Go Big GIVE is a 24-hour, online giving event on May 6th, 2021 to grow philanthropy. Go Big GIVE inspires communities to come together for 24 hours to give as much as possible to support the work of nonprofits in Hall, Hamilton, Howard, and Merrick Counties. The minimum online donation is $10 but every gift grows with added match pool funds and incentive prizes.
What Cairo Organizations are participating? The Cairo Community Foundation, New Hope Christian School, Centura Educational Foundation, and All Belong to Christ Daycare.
What does my Cairo Community Foundation donation do? Your donation is directed to the General Fund. This General Fund operates the Foundation, develops an endowment, and makes grants to numerous Cairo volunteer organizations throughout the year.
Can I donate to a Cairo Community Foundation Project Fund also?
Yes!!! To donate to a specific project fund, use the in honor of or memorial field on the form to indicate the percent of the gift you want directed to Cairo Community Foundation Project Funds
For Go Big Give Cairo Community Foundation is the fiscal agent for these projects:
- Gathering Place Kitchen Remodel
- Cairo QRT Defibrillator/Monitor
- Cairo Steering Committee: This committee is working on pickleball and sand volleyball courts and the East entrance sign.
- North Ballfield New Bathroom and Concession Stand Project
- Veterans Memorial
Can I give in person?
- May 6th from 9 am to 7 pm at The Medina Street Vault
- Write a check to Go Big Give between April 26th and May 6th. Drop off at the Village Office or give to a Cairo Community Foundation board member
- Need more help contact Charity Adams at 308-379-9119