What is Go Big GIVE? Go Big GIVE is a 24-hour, online giving event on May 6th, 2021 to grow philanthropy. Go Big GIVE inspires communities to come together for 24 hours to give as much as possible to support the work of nonprofits in Hall, Hamilton, Howard, and Merrick Counties. The minimum online donation is $10 but every gift grows with added match pool funds and incentive prizes.
What Cairo Organizations are participating? The Cairo Community Foundation, New Hope Christian School, Centura Educational Foundation, and All Belong to Christ Daycare.
What does my Cairo Community Foundation donation do? Your donation is directed to the General Fund. This General Fund operates the Foundation, develops an endowment, and makes grants to numerous Cairo volunteer organizations throughout the year.
Can I donate to a Cairo Community Foundation Project Fund also?
Yes!!! To donate to a specific project fund, use the in honor of or memorial field on the form to indicate the percent of your gift you want directed to Cairo Community Foundation Project Funds
For Go Big Give, Cairo Community Foundation is the fiscal agent for these projects:
- Gathering Place Kitchen Remodel
- Cairo QRT Defibrillator/Monitor
- Cairo Steering Committee: This committee is working on pickleball and sand volleyball courts and the East entrance sign.
- North Ballfield New Bathroom and Concession Stand Project
- Veterans Memorial
Can I give in person?
- May 6th from 9 am to 7 pm at The Medina Street Vault
- Write a check to Go Big Give between April 26th and May 6th. Drop off at the Village Office or give to a Cairo Community Foundation board member
- Need more help contact Charity Adams at 308-379-9119
Pre-Give starts April 26th. Go Big Give Day is May 6th