The Legacy Society is composed of individuals who have provided for the Cairo Community Foundation in their estates. These are special people who are dedicated to providing for the Cairo area – now and forever.
There are many different ways to become a member of the Legacy Society. Simply inform the Foundation of the type of gift you have chosen to leave. This may include cash, securities, life insurance, IRA, memorials or other bequests. Gifts may offer tax advantages. We advise consultation with your financial advisor or attorney.
Becoming a member of the Legacy Society has many advantages:
- Flexibility – Through the Foundation you can serve several charitable interests in one place.
- Involvement – Donors can choose the level of involvement according to their preferences.
- Naming Rights – Funds can be named as desired: for an individual, a family, a purpose or an organization.
- Experience – The Foundation’s Board of Directors and director are experienced with philanthropy in the Cairo area.
- Tax Savings – The Cairo Community Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization and qualifies as a public charity under federal tax law.
- Permanence – The Foundation will continue to respond to community needs of the future as they evolve.
To learn more about making an estate gift to the Cairo Community Foundation, please contact the Executive Director at 308-485-4400 or email email@example.com